Atlanta

A couple of weekends ago Mike & I headed to Atlanta to have a nice weekend away. Our main reason for going to Atlanta was to watch the Cirque du Soleil show, Kooza but we also celebrated my birthday.

While in Atlanta ate at some great restaurants. The one I have to recommend is The Flying Biscuit. I would say it is Atlanta's equivalent to the Pancake Pantry, but in our opinion better (sorry to all you Pantry lover's). If you ever eat there you have to try their oatmeal pancakes, they are to die for!

After dinner Friday night we watched Slumdog Millionaire (Amazing Movie!). Then Saturday we explored the Atlanta Aquarium, shopped at Ikea, & saw Kooza.


Here are a few pictures from our time at the Aquarium:

Mike petting a Hammerhead Shark...gross!

Beluga Whale



Whale Sharks & Manta Ray. This picture doesn't do their size justice. They are enormous!


The next 3 pictures are of Mike and a huge grouper:




Jellyfish


The next 4 pictures are of Black Tip Reef Sharks, which Mike say are the meanest sharks out there. While we were in the viewing room one of them attacked a blue tang (Dori for all of you Finding Nemo fans). So of course Mike thought it was really cool, and he snapped a whole series of pictures (I have only posted a couple). The last picture is what remained of "Dori" after the shark was finished. The one thing I found funny about the whole situation was sitting in a room full of children while this happened. The looks on their faces and the sounds coming out of their mouths made me laugh:) I am just glad I wasn't one of the parents that had to explain the circle of life to their child while leaving the viewing room. Enjoy...




Before we left to go see Kooza.
What a great weekend. Thanks to Grandma Organ for staying at the house with Martini so Mike & I could enjoy a nice weekend alone!

0 comments: