Juicing




This past Saturday Mike bought me an early birthday present...The Jack Lelanne Power Juicer! I have wanted one for a couple years and since I'm doing the whole vegetarian thing we decided now would be a perfect time to purchase it.
We bought the juicer at Bed, Bath & Beyond (so I could use my 20% coupon) and then headed to East Nashville (5 points area) to a store called the Turnip Truck. It is like Whole Foods, just the mom & pop version. The thing I liked about this store is that they only sell organic produce from local farmers. We bought some juicing essentials (carrots, apples, celery) and then headed home. We assembled the juicer, but decided to wait until morning to try it out.

So before church Mike & I made our first glasses of juice:

Here are the ingredients we used in our first glass of juice.

Before juicing you have to wash all your produce. I use a veggie/fruit was from Trader Joe's that I really like.


Mike juicing away.


Here is the final product. It actually tastes really great. We have now juiced for 5 mornings and we love it. The only downside to juicing is that you have to wash the entire juicer after you are finished. The whole process takes about 10 minutes...not bad. Plan ahead and wash produce when bring it home.
Oh, and thanks honey for a great (early) birthday present!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

GEEKS! But healthy geeks!