Food Revolution


This past Sunday night I was flipping through the digital TV guide and I came across a show called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I had no idea what it was about, but it sounded interesting. I recorded it, but knew I wasn't going to have time to watch it until later in the week.

Monday I had time to write the post entitled "What Are We Really Putting in Our Bodies?", then on Tuesday I finally found time to sit down and watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Can we say spooky!!!

Within 1 minute of pushing play I realized that the blog post I uploaded the day before was exactly what the show was all about. Jamie Oliver, a renowned British chef, is on a mission to get people all over American to reconnect with their food and change the way they eat. One of his toughest challenges during the show is to change the food that is being served in schools.

The show doesn't actually start until this Friday night on ABC. At 7pm central time, they will replay the episode that was shown this past Sunday night and then at 8pm a new episode will air. The show will run on Friday nights at 8pm central, until April 23rd.

The 5 week series is set in the city that the Center for Disease Control deemed "the most obese city, in the most obese region, in the most obese country, in the world"... Huntington, West Virginia, also known as the unhealthiest city in America.

I was going to give you a summary of the first episode, but since they are re-airing the episode Friday night I will let you watch it for yourself. I strongly encourage you to watch this show. It will definitely get you thinking.

1 comments:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

We just saw this. So good! I hope people are watching...