Reuse...Reuse

In the previous post I mentioned that we stopped using paper plates and paper towels/napkins. So here are pictures of the plastic plates and cloth napkins that we are now using.

I got these plates at the dollar store! When the season changes I will probably go back to see what different designs they have.



The following are pictures of the cloth napkins I made. All the fabric was either in the scrap bin, in the clearance section, or at least 50% off.

Paisley Pattern, Light Blue Cotton, School Theme, Royal Blue Cotton


Green & Brown Zebra Print, Petite Fours, Sports Theme


I had to have some special occasion/holiday napkins. Here are the Happy Birthday and Valentines Day prints.


Christmas Prints



Here is the whole collection. I even found some fabric to make hand towels (those are the orange things on the far right). I had a blast making the napkins. In all I spent $17.00 in fabric and ended up with 73 napkins. That averages out to .24 cents a napkin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! How do you like your sewing machine?

Karon said...

Awesome!! I have toyed with the idea of using cloth napkins but that's a lot of laundry with the way Emily eats! I like that you made your own though. I am wanting to learn to sew so that might be a great project!
Good for you guys for going more green!