Saturday Morning Fun

I bet no one can guess how I spent two hours of my Saturday morning...Give up? I had to get gasoline. That's right, I waited for two hours in line at Kroger to get gas. I have not been able to find gas for several days now and only had about 60 miles of gas left in the tank (by the time I pulled up to the tank I only had 42 miles left). Those of you who don't live in Nashville may not know that Nashville has had an EXTREME gas shortage for the last week. I thought it was a problem all over the US, but after talking to a few people that don't live in Nashville, I found out it is simply a Nashville problem.

So, I woke up this morning and called Kroger to see if they had gas. Before I could even ask my question the man on the other line told me they had gas, they would only have it for a limited time, there were about 200 cars in the parking lot waiting, and that I needed to get down there quick. So I threw on shoes and grabbed my purse and that is how I came to wait in line for 2 hours.

I wish I would have had my camera with me. Not only were the lines of cars in the parking lot something to see. I also got to watch a car be swarmed with several angry people cursing and threatening the driver because he cut in line.

Mike said he heard on the news today that Nashville has used as much gas in one week that we usually use in a month, and that is mostly due to hurricane Ike evacuees that have travelled up to Nashville. Luckily, now both Mike and I have full tanks and hopefully by the time we need to fill up again this problem will be solved.

0 comments: