Books, Books, & More Books!

I love to read and I love to shop! It should be no surprise that one of the things I enjoy most is shopping for books to read:) So to help keep what could be a very expensive hobby a little more budget friendly I try to shop used book sales. I particularly enjoy shopping at the Nashville Public Library sales because I know the proceeds help an organization that betters our community.

This past weekend the Edmundson Pike Library had a book sale. For this particular sale, Mike tagged along...boy was that a mistake. I knew he wouldn't be interested in the adult fiction section, so before we get out of the car I told him where the non-fiction tables would be located. Once we got into the room we went our separate ways. After 5 minutes or so of looking I had pretty much scanned the fiction section and had made my selections. I looked around to spot Mike and found him waving me over to him. Once I get across the room I realized why he couldn't come to me, he had a huge stack of books set aside in the corner of the room. He had hit the jack-pot!

After doing a final sort of all the books we had found, here is our loot we came home with...

This is Mike's final purchase. All 12 of his books are business & finance books, with the exception of Alan Greenspan's autobiography, which I guess fits in the same category.

I was really excited about my purchases this time. In the adult fiction section I found 5 hardback books that all look brand new: 4 Jodi Picoult books & The Historian. In the non-fiction section I grabbed The diary of Anne Frank, A Walk in the Woods, and 3 Natural Alternative Home Remedies hardback books. The 3 remedies books alone would have retailed for a total of $79.00.

So, we bought 22 books for $35...13 Hardcover & 9 Paperbacks. What a deal!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors. Mike, I;m gagging just thinking about trying to stomach all of the nonfiction!