Cranberry Orange Scones

This past Saturday, Mike and I woke up to a very snowy morning. Since I knew we would be hanging around the house for the for the first part of the day I decided I would make scones for breakfast.

I had seen this recipe for Cranberry Orange Scones on Barefoot Contessa and had been wanting to try it out. I was a little nervous about making homemade scones. I always thought they would be difficult to make and very time consuming. I was wrong! These were so simple to make and best of all they were so yummy!


Here is what they looked like straight out of the oven.


This is the final product. Once they were cooled, I glazed them with an orange juice & powdered sugar mixture.

This recipe made 16 scones total. I baked 8 of them and wrapped and froze the other 8 to bake at a later time. I am now on a mission to find other scone recipes to try. Mike has already requested strawberry scones & blueberry scones:)

1 comments:

Deb Johnson said...

I'm so hungry and these look so good!!!