25 Days of Christmas: Day 4

 
Day 4: Setting up the Nativity(s)
 
 Nativities are a bit of a tradition in my family. Growing up, a Nativity was always part of our holiday decor. So when Mike and I got married, it only seemed natural to have a Nativity in our home each Christmas. Now that we have a growing family, I want our children to have the same special memories.
 
The Nativity that Mike and I own was given to us as a wedding present, it is very special and isn't child friendly. I really want our little ones to be able to help in setting up the Nativity, so I started searching for a more kid friendly option. I found this Nativity and it is perfect.
 
McKinley loved getting to help set it up and she loves all the characters. In addition to Joseph, Mary, Baby Jesus & the 3 Wise Men, it has lots of animals. It also has an Angel, that when placed on top of the manger, a star lights up and "Silent Night" plays.
 
While I was planning our "25 Days of Christmas" activities I knew I wanted one of the days to be focused on the Nativity and its special meaning. So this particular night, our little family opened and set up both of the Nativities.
 
  
Nativity #1 


McKinley was telling me what a sheep says...Baaaaaaa:)



Here she is showing us Baby Jesus.



Nativity #2


0 comments: