McKinley's First Christmas

This Christmas will always hold a very special place in my heart for two reasons, it was our first Christmas as a family of three and it was also McKinley's first Christmas.


As fun and exciting as this Christmas was, I can only imagine what each additional year will bring as M starts to understand and enjoy this holiday even more.


Mike and I tried not to go overboard and thought we did a pretty decent job at keeping presents to a minimum, but this kid still made out with some pretty great loot! Our Families are the best! Thanks for making McKinley's first Christmas special!

Christmas Eve:



McKinley loved to help unwrap all of her presents.





I was really proud of this gift. I found it for $10 at a consignment sale. It doesn't have a scratch on it!





This next picture was obviously not taken on Christmas Eve, but I needed to include a picture of M's suitcase from her Grandma & Granddad Organ. I love this suitcase! It is so cute!

This little girl must be loved because both sets of grandparents got her a suitcase/overnight bag anticipating her coming to visit.


There was one other gift that M received from Uncle Phil, Aunt Amy & Easton that I can't wait to try out. They got her the Cloud B Twighlight Ladybug Constellation Night Light. We didn't get a picture of it, but I know M is going to love it once we move her to the nursery.



Christmas Day:


Outfit #1







I was super excited that M got several toys that were just like the toys I had as a little girl.







Her first Barbie!!! Thanks Aunt Sara!



She loved her Cinderella clothes. Thanks Uncle Rob, Aunt Maya & Serkan!



Outfit #2


This is the overnight bag M got from Grammy & Bubba Johnson. When we opened the bag we found a note!

The note in the Zebra Bag read:


To Our Sweet McKinley,
Whenever you are ready to come see us just load up you Zebra and tell Mom & Dad that you are packed and would like to go to Grammy & Bubba's house. We will always be ready and waiting to give you a big hug.

With all our love, Grammy & Bubba


Yep, this is her 3rd Christmas outfit of the day and it is not because we were wanting to have a fashion show. I will just say that I did a few loads of laundry that day:)


0 comments: