Who's 38?


For those of you who don't know, Mike's birthday is on December 28th. I always try to do something special for him on his birthday since it is so close to Christmas. I want him to feel like he had a special day. Since we would be traveling on his actual birthday, I planned to celebrate a day early at the Organ Family Christmas.

After the Christmas gifts were open and dinner was eaten, Easton and I surprised Mike with his Superman cake and birthday gifts. If you look closely at the picture above that is actually Mike. He is standing behind one of those life size wooden cut outs that we found coming home from St. Louis one time. We had to make a quick pit stop and the next exit was Metropolis, IL. It just so happens that the gas station we stopped at had this huge Superman in its parking lot. We couldn't miss a photo op:)
Easton trying to help Mike blow out the "never ending flame" candles. I had heard of the candles before but had never seen how they actually work. Let me just say... fire hazard. The concept is really fun but then when it is actually time to really put them out panic started to set in.

The whole clan (minus Amy who is taking the picture-thanks). Not only is this as close to a group shot that we got all holiday season, but this picture was intended to show that while everyone was enjoying Superman cake and ice cream, Phil decided he wanted seconds of roast and gravy. Oh, one last thing. When it was time to serve the cake our cute little nephew didn't skip a beat before he announced he wanted to eat Mike's head and we let him.


Happy Birthday Mike- I Love You!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That birthday cake makes me laugh every time I look at it!