In Desperate Need of Advice & Opinions!

For the past year now I have been transitioning the Organ household to all Organic/Natural food and products. There are a few products that no matter how much research I do or how many different products I try, I just can't find one that stands up to the old-traditional products. I don't want to have to resort back to using harmful/non-organic products, but I'm just about to that point. So I am hoping to get some good suggestions and much needed guidance on a few products.

1. Dishwasher Detergent: I have tried a couple different brands and have not had any luck. The detergents wash off all the chunks of food, but they leave a nasty & cloudy film on the dishes (especially the silverware & the plates). It is absolutely disgusting. I have to wash everything by hand before we have company over. It is such a pain!

2. Deodorant: This is one product that I am desperate to find a good replacement. I have been using an organic deodorant for about a year now. I understand that organic deodorant is not an anti-perspirant and I am totally over the whole sweating thing. My problem with the organic deodorants that I have tried is that after wearing them (even for a short period of time) I don't feel like I smell very fresh. And with me leaning over people all day doing massage I can't take that risk. Sorry this was probably too much information, but like I said, I'm desperate:)

3. Laundry Detergent: Like the dishwasher detergent & deodorant, I have tried a few brands. Every detergent that I have tried cleans perfectly fine. My problem with the laundry detergent is about the smell. Once I have washed & dried clothes they smell "clean," but the don't smell "fresh." After wearing the clothes for awhile they almost have a stale smell. I don't need something to smell like "passion flower-lavender-morning breeze-baby powder" or what ever the most popular scent of the hour is, I just want it to smell fresh.

4. Shampoo & Conditioner: The shampoo & conditioner that I am currently using I am happy with, but not ecstatic about. So if anyone is using an organic shampoo & conditioner that you just can't live without please let me know.


I listed the products in order of importance. So I am depending on those of you that read this blog (all 3 of you) to give me you best advice on the products I am wondering about. Please help, I am desperate!!!

5 comments:

Life in the Fifties said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life in the Fifties said...

I think you should give up on dishwashing detergent. They banned it in Seattle, I think, and it's been a disaster because there is NOT a dishwashing detergent that works. Everyone is sneaking regular detergent in from Oregon.

So use regular dishwashing detergent and think of all the water you're saving by not having to rinse and then hand wash your dishes!

Life in the Fifties said...

http://www.greendaily.com/2009/03/31/prohibition-creates-smugglers-even-when-its-dishwasher-deterge/

TheGlissonFamily said...

Have you had trouble with 7th gen. dishwasher det. and laundry det? I buy the unscented laundry det. and add my own essential oils to the wash depending on what I'm in the mood for. I recently bought Trader Joe's dishwasher det. and we haven't had any problems with it yet.
We've talked about deoderant--sorry, I can't help you there.
And I've been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner for almost a year now and it's a great combo of tea tree and peppermint smell--I love it!
Hope this helps.

The Organ Family said...

Thanks ladies for your comments. I really appreciate them!