5K Victory!

This morning Mike and I participated in the South Nash Dash. It is a local 5K race that promotes sense of community in South Nashville or Brentioch (as some may know it). We were desperately hoping that the rain would hold off until after the race and we got lucky. The rain stopped about 30 minutes before the race and it didn't start up again until were were leaving.

We took this picture right before the race started. Poor Mike had been up all night due to food poisoning (not my cooking, he ate meat and a local restaurant:), but like a trooper he ran the race anyway. You can totally see in his eyes how drained he was from the last 12 hours of being sick.

We both did really well. Despite Mike's food born illness, he ran it in a flat 27:00 minutes. I was able to run the 3.1 miles in 26:22. I am very proud of my time because the last 5K that I ran I finished in about 35 minutes.

What a great way to start off the weekend. We are already looking forward to the upcoming 5K races.

2 comments:

TheGlissonFamily said...

Congrats on the great time! (I can't believe Mike ran after being sick the night before--go Mike!) I hope to run a 5K this fall--maybe the Run for Mercy--you're doing that, right?
Rebekah

The Organ Family said...

Yes, we are looking forward to the Run for Mercy! It will be much more fun to know someone else that is doing the race.