"Guys Night"

This past Friday Mike got to have a much needed "Guys Night." Since we were already in Arkansas, he headed to Little Rock and met up with his life long-best friend Jamie Golleher. After eating dinner with the whole Golleher family, Mike and Jamie headed to a local bar called Juanita's to watch the band, The Bravery.

Here is where the story gets interesting. One of the bands that opened for The Bravery was a band called Fictionplane. Joe Sumner is the lead singer of Fictionplane and he just happens to be the son of the legendary singer, Sting. The neatest part of the whole night is that Mike and Jamie got to meet the band, got some merchandise signed, and got their picture taken with Joe and another band member.



Guitarist, Jamie, Joe Sumner (Sting's son) & Mike


On Saturday morning, Mike told me about the encounter with Fictionplane. He also played their CD for me and I have to admit, that not only does Joe Sumner sounds exactly like his dad, Sting, the band was also pretty good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, when I look at that picture it is actually Jamie that looks more like Sting to me! Looks like Mike was having a blast!

Deb Johnson said...

I'm so glad Mike got to do this!!!

Neuroglider said...

Hey, my brother (Craig Barger) went to school with a Jamie Golleher who was the son of a physician in Searcy. Also, there is a Jamie Golleher who's on a successful team that competed in this year's Raid the Rock adventure race, in which I also competed (in the solo category). Are either/both of these guys your buddy? If so, I'd love to hear from him ('steevareeno@gmail') to acknowledge the coincidence and just say "hi".

Regards,
Steve Barger