Pampers and Unicef

I am about to make a confession that most people do not know about me. I LOVE THE OPRAH SHOW! I think the majority of the time the material in her shows are very informative and interesting. So, I record it everyday and a lot of the time I make Mike watch it with me (I know I'm such a bad wife).
This past weekend I was doing some shopping for a baby gift and as I reached for a pack of diapers it reminded me of an Oprah show from a few weeks ago. The episode was one of her "Big Give" shows and one of her guests was Salma Heyek. Salma serves as ambassador for the Pampers/Unicef partnership.

Pampers and Unicef have partnered up to provide tetanus shots for mothers in developing nations. From now until June 30,2008, for every specially marked package of Pampers products that is purchased, Pampers will provide Unicef with funding for one tetanus vaccine for a mother in need worldwide. The reason why this is so important is that this disease kills 140,000 infants and 30,000 women each year. While tetanus is life threatening, it is very preventable and what most people don't realize is that this disease is transmitted from mother to child during birth.



Here is where you come in. Next time you are at the store buying diapers or wipes grab a package of Pampers (make sure it has the blue unicef sticker on it). Not only will you be fulfilling your need, but you will also be helping to save someone's life.

0 comments: