Christmas in October!

I love my husband! It is not often that Mike is able to truly surprise me with gifts. The only reason is because I am in charge of all our finances, so I'm aware (pretty much on a daily basis) when money leaves our checking account or is charged to our credit card. But yesterday Mike was able to surprise me with the new Amazon Kindle! For those of you who don't know what it is, it is an avid readers dream.

Last Friday, Oprah revealed the Kindle on her show as her new favorite thing. I was immediately hooked. Luckily I had DVR'd her show. So after I watched the segment on the Kindle, I rewound the show to the beginning, paused it, and left it cued up ready to play for Mike once he got home from work.

After Mike watched the show, I knew that he realized just how much I would like a Kindle (I don't usually get excited over electronics, but this little machine was making me bounce around and giggle like a little girl). Since they are pricey I figured (if I was lucky enough to receive one) I would probably be getting it for Christmas, but no big deal because I still have a whole shelf of books at home that I can read between now and December.

To my surprise a little brown box was delivered to our house yesterday afternoon. Even though the box was addressed to Mike he insisted that I open it. Once it was opened this is what I found...

Christmas came early:) I love it! What a great surprise. Thanks honey, you're the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it? I missed that Oprah.

The Organ Family said...

It is a digital reader. You can download books, magazines, & newspapers at a fraction of the price you would actually purchase them for. So it is cheaper in the long run and you save paper. It has a lot of "extras." My favorite extra is the built in dictionary. So if you don't know a word that you have read, you hit look up and it gives you the definition. I could go on and on, but the next time I see you I will fill you in on the rest.