The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

When I read a great book I have to tell everyone I know. A couple weeks ago Oprah announced "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski as her new pick for her book club. As mentioned in previous posts, I love to read and I especially love the books that Oprah picks!

As I was listening to Oprah describe this book I new immediately I would be heading to Borders to make a purchase. I am not going to give anything away, but those of you that are interested in possibly reading this book I will pass along the two things Oprah shared with her viewers. First, DO NOT read the insert of the book. She says it gives away to much of the story. I finished this book about a week ago and still haven't read the insert. The second thing Oprah said was that if you are a dog lover you will love this book (and it is true). The book just holds special meaning for those of you that are dog owners/lovers. Please hear me when I say you don't have to be a dog lover to really appreciate this book, but if you are it makes it that much better.

This book is 562 pages and I finished it in four days. I couldn't put it down. If you have read it I would love to hear your comments about the book. To any others that might read it, I hope you enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on the LONG waiting list for it at the library!