"Pumpkin-Palooza"

Now that the cooler weather looks like it is here to stay I decided it was time to decorate. As most of you know from a previous post, I love fall. I especially love to decorate for the season, but I just can't make myself decorate when it is still 80 degrees out. This past weekend the weather was perfect for decorating.

I guess I should start out by thanking my wonderful husband for at least pretending like he is interested when I am doing something girly & creative. Our weekend started out on Saturday by heading downtown to the Farmer's Market where we could buy pumpkins and mums for my planned decor. We get to the market and are surrounded by pumpkins and gourds galore, but absolutely NO mums! Zero, zilch, none what so ever! So I hid my disappointment and kept a smile on my face, after all I have dragged my husband to the Farmer's Market on a Saturday. We picked out all the pumpkins and loaded them in the car, made a few other purchases, and headed home.

Once at home Mike tells me he has to take a nap before we can do anything else. I oblige and take some time to relax myself. After about a 30 minute nap we get back in the car and head to Lowe's hoping that they have mums. Thankfully Lowe's had a few left. I definitely learned not to wait so long next year to purchase mums. It's just not fall without mums:) Once back at home we unloaded the car, potted the mums, and placed the pumpkins.

Now we have come to Sunday. After church and a bite to eat I knew I needed to clean/gut the pumpkins so they could be carved. But I had one dilemma, and it involved Sunday Football! I didn't want to clean the pumpkins by myself, but after everything Mike did with me/for me on Saturday I knew I couldn't ask him to give up his football. So I came up with a compromise...If Mike would agree to help me, I would set up a table in the middle of the living room to clean and carve the pumpkins so Mike could watch football. That is what we did. Mike helped me clean all 9 pumpkins. What a man! So here are some pictures from yesterday's "Pumpkin-Palooza."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you are my decorating hero! How cute!