A Blog for the Homeless

Today on Facebook, National Public Radio (yes they are one of my "friends") posted a link to a story entitled "Homeless Advocate Goes High Tech." I found the title of the article intriguing mostly because I have been following this blog written by Doug S., one of our ministers at church. Doug's blog focuses on the outreach that he is involved in, primarily with Nashville's own homeless & less fortunate.

The article published by NPR is about a homeless man, Eric Sheptock, who through access to the public library is able to be an advocate for the homeless by keeping a blog, twitter account, & Facebook page. Using this technology he can inform people, like you and I, on the struggles and hardships that homeless communities face.

I haven't had time to read his entire blog yet, but I think anything that can educate us on a subject that we are uncomfortable with or ignorant about has to be a good thing. Hopefully his blog will help stop the typical stereotyping and will let us open our eyes and hearts to ways we can help.

There are links to both Doug's & Eric Sheptock's blogs on our page, under "Random Blogs We Enjoy."

0 comments: