Boot Camp Update #3

Today marks the first day of my 4th month of boot camp. I am so glad that I decided to do this! Waking up at 4:30 am and all the aches and pains that go along with boot camp haven't been easy, but the end result makes it all worth it. Since today marks the start of a new month of boot camp, yesterday was weigh-in and measurement day (which I was dreading due to last months results or actually lack there of)!

The results are in: I cut another 20 seconds off my mile time, I lost another 4lbs. and I also lost an inch off each of my chest, waist, hips, and thighs. I definitely needed good results this month or I probably would have had a complete melt down.

While I enjoy boot camp, I think July will be the last month I participate for awhile. Mike and I plan on joining the YMCA. Since I have had 4 months to get a good disciplined work out schedule down, I am planning on carrying that over to the YMCA. My fear is since I will not have the accountability that I have during boot camp, that I will slack off and ruin everything I have worked so hard to accomplish. While I would love to keep doing boot camp, joining the YMCA will be more cost effective.

So, 4 more weeks to go and hopefully I will have even better results to mark the end of boot camp. Right now I plan on putting my before and after pictures along with my before and after measurements on my final boot camp update blog entry. But that is still 4 weeks away and I may chicken out between now and then, so we will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job for sticking to it! I want to see the before and after pictures, even though I see you every week. Don't chicken out!

Deb Johnson said...

You inspire me!! I'm very proud of your commitment. I know you are feeling great because it shows.

The Organ Family said...

Karina, I guess what I forgot to put on the blog was that the before and after pictures are of me in a sports bra and shorts nothing else! If I post them I'm sure they will make for very interesting talk at life group:)

Life in the Fifties said...

Mike and Michelle, we're taking Wiley to London next week. Maybe he'll be as big a travel nut as you guys are. We'll be staying very close to where we all stayed with Sherry & Dennis, just a block or so away. Wish us luck in keeping away from the swine flu over there.

And congratulations on your boot camp experience. You will be glad, in fact you already are! I've started a blog talking about getting "older!" I'm still figuring out how to put more pictures on it. I love your pictures.

Look forward to seeing you guys sometime

(Aunt) Kerry