Boot Camp Update #2

Today marks the first day of my 3rd month of boot camp. So it is time to give an update for the month of May.


I will warn you that I am writing this post emotionally upset with myself. I did not have any movement on the scale or measuring tape this month. I guess I should be thankful that at least the number on the scale didn't go up. But it is so frustrating to think that for the last month I have gotten up at 4:30am for 4 days a week and worked really hard and I didn't have better results.

I do know that all my hard work is paying off in other ways. I was able to cut another 40 seconds off my mile time and I increased my number of push-ups. I probably had too high expectations since the first month I lost 9 lbs., 2 inches from my chest, 2 inches from my waist and cut 2 min. 40 sec. off my mile time. But I am sticking with it and still giving it my all.

I started this boot camp in April because I felt it was time to take control of my weight and quit blaming it on having PCOS. When I made the decision to start working out again I remember thinking that I have just been lazy and how nice it has been to have the PCOS as an excuse. I thought I would work out for a few months and get back down to the size I was at our wedding, a size 4-6. Boy was I wrong! Unfortunately, I may be learning that having PCOS does make it really difficult to loose weight.

I know that I am only starting my 3rd month and it usually takes a few months of training before you start seeing any major results. So I will keep you posted. Thanks for letting me have my little pity party and now I'll put on my big girl pants, refocus, & continue to work hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let this get you down. You are doing GREAT!!! I tell myself that the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight. And having PCOS certainly makes it a heck of a lot harder to lose weight. I am not sure if you are any medications or not so just take it one day at a time, one workout at a time.I am on metformin and it has helped a bit but I was so frustrated when I didn't see results. I pushed myself harder at the gym and started writing down EVERYTHING I ate. Limited myself to 1200 a day. Lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks so far. I know you can do it. You are doing great!
And be proud that you didn't see a gain, especially considering you were on vacation!!
Big thumbs up!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are showing great heart in staying with such a grueling workout schedule! You'll start to see a difference, and I'm sure the workouts make you feel so much better, just to be so active. By the way, I saw you "boot-camping" it on my way to the hospital this morning. I almost called you to tell you, but I hesitated in case it was your look-alike, running at 5:20 a.m.

Deb Johnson said...

I'm very proud of you!! You have the right attitude and it is normal to have moments of "pity" but then you're moving on and refocusing which is great! I know you feel better and your bones and total body comp is saying "thank you" Keep it up.....seems like you've been mastering one thing at a time. Love you!

The Organ Family said...

Thanks everyone for you supporting comments. Karon, way to go on your weight loss challenge! Karina, that was me you saw & I'm kind of horrified that someone I actually know saw me at boot camp!