Good Eats



My wonderful husband brought home a free little booklet he picked up at a local restaurant. It is entitled "Eat Up: A Guide to Nashville's Essential Eateries". It is published by a group called nashvilleoriginals.com and lists 31 locally owned restaurants. Once Mike saw the list of restaurants he thought we should just go down the list and try each restaurant. We always complain that we never go out and experience this great city we live in, so this will be perfect.


Here is the list of restaurants:

1. The Acorn

2. Allium

3. Baja Burrito

4. Bound'ry

5. CABANA

6. Caffe Nonna

7. Cross Corner Bar & Grill

8. FIDO

9. Flyte World Dining & Wine

10. Germantown Cafe

11. Jackson's

12. Jimmy Kelly's Steakhouse

13. MAFIAoZA's

14. Mambu Restaurant & Bar

15. McCabe Pub

16. Midtown Cafe

17. Mirror Restaurant

18. Noshville

19. Ombi

20. PM

21. Provence Breads & Cafe

22. Red Restaurant

23. rumba

24. South Street

25. Sunset Grill

26. tayst Restaurant & Wine Bar

27. Tin Angel

28. Turnip Truck (this isn't a restaurant, it is like a small/local Whole Foods)

29. Wild Iris

30. The Yellow Porch

31. Zola

I am so excited about this list of restaurants! We have already eaten at a few of the restaurants, but the majority of the restaurants listed have been on our "must try" list for a while now. Since we have already eaten at The Acorn, it looks like our first restaurant will be Allium. This weekend is really busy and we are out of town next weekend. So we probably won't get a chance to eat there for another couple of weeks, but when we do I will give an update. Also, if anyone would like to join us at any of these restaurants let us know. We always love company!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we've tried 12 of the restaurants together. Since most of them were pre-Radnor, I cannot trust my memory. Trying them all sounds like fun, and I want to join you as the third wheel!

TheGlissonFamily said...

We've enjoyed quite a few restaurants from that list as well. We're always up for trying new places, so let us know if you'd ever like some company!
Rebekah

michelleandwalker said...

I feel bad. I have lived here since I was 7 and I have only eaten at 6 of them. Guess I have some catching up to do! ;-)