Hoot

I am so lucky to have a husband who's job usually doesn't require much travel. On Thursday however, Mike had to travel to Dallas for a conference. He decided to extend his stay so he could visit with family and meet with a few out of town clients.

Since I knew Mike would be gone, I made a phone call to Searcy to see if any of the family would want to come and visit/stay with me. I was very excited that both my Mom and my brother were able to come over for the weekend. I think this was the first time in a long time that it was just the 3 of us together. My dad and sister were greatly missed, but the 3 of us had a great time.

Saturday was filled mostly with shopping and eating, but we did take some time Saturday morning and headed over to Radnor Lake. I knew Mom would want to take some pictures and Martini desperately needed exercise. Halfway through our walk we came upon a Ranger that had a Great Horned Owl on display. We were told that this particular owl had been found about 2 years ago tangled up in barbed wire fence. Luckily he had been rescued and now is used for educational purposes. Here is a picture that my mom took of the owl:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful owl! Josh has been seeing one most evenings on his way home from work. We missed seeing you yesterday. Have a good week!

TheGlissonFamily said...

Oh, so I left my comment for this post on the post below. Oops!
R