Muffins!!!

One of the perks to being a Kroger shopper is the periodic book of coupons that are mailed to the house. Along with the coupons you also receive recipes. Each little booklet usually has a theme ex: organic, breakfast, baking, grilling, etc.

I recently received a coupon booklet that was all organic ingredients and in it I found the recipe for "Breakfast Muffins". I made them the other day and they are so yummy and healthy I just had to share! If fact they are so yummy, by the time I got around to taking a picture, there were only 3 left:)

Breakfast Muffins:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (15oz.) can pumpkin
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup organic soy milk (I used rice milk)
1/4 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
3 Tbsp. canola oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped

Whisk the first 7 ingredients together in a bowl. Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, soy milk, yogurt, oil, egg & egg white in a bowl & mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix until moistened. Fold in the blueberries & walnuts. Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 28 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.

This recipe actually made about 18 muffins & you can freeze what you don't eat! Hope you enjoy:)

2 comments:

TheGlissonFamily said...

Those look great! I may have to try them.
Rebekah

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

These are right up my alley. i'm gonna try them out soon! maybe when the pumpkin starts rollin in from the csa.