My New Addiction

If you read our blog regularly you know that 6 months ago I started a boot camp fitness program. A ton of great things have come from me starting that program. One of them being running. I have never been one to enjoy running. I always found it kind of boring. My dad and my brother are the long distance runners in the family. What little track I did dabble in, I was a sprinter. But boot camp has helped me find a new appreciation for running, well, boot camp and my iPod:)

Back in May I ran my first 5k and I absolutely loved it! 3.1 miles is not a very far run or walk. The races are usually challenging enough but at the same time fun. Most 5Ks are stroller friendly and sometimes even dog friendly, so this is something the whole family can do together. As a bonus you usually you get a new t-shirt and free food & drink. The unfortunate part is that this hobby can get expensive since the registration fees add up, but the money usually goes towards a great charity and is tax deductible.

With the weather getting cooler it is starting to be 5k season again. I wanted to post a list of some of the upcoming Nashville area 5k races. These are just a few races that Mike and I are going to participate in (or like to support), but if you go to active.com you can find several in all areas of Nashville or were ever you live.

9/12/09: Christie Cookie 5k (Green Hills YMCA)
10/3/09: Soles4Soles 10k/5k
10/31/09: I Run for the Party Halloween 5k (free beer & you get to dress up!)
11/7/09: Dunkin Donuts 5k

I don't think I am ready for a 1/2 marathon yet, but maybe one day!

1 comments:

Life in the Fifties said...

If I read your blog enough, maybe, just maybe, I'll start exercising (some.) We'll see. Kinda' wished we lived in Nashville!

BTW, I noticed you enjoy The Pionerr Woman. I don't know her, but her sister-in-law Missy is my cousin, my mom's brother's daughter. Missy is married to Marlboro Man's brother.

If you're from Oklahoma like I am, then you're connected in some way to anyone else in Oklahoma.

Maybe I'll blog about that sometime!

Had a good visit with your folks after Mike was here. I have my fingers crossed we can take a trip with them soon.

Love, Kerry